Food Safety Systems Producer
Food Safety Systems Producer
Program purpose statement
The purpose of the program is to help producers invest in equipment and tracking systems to improve On-Farm Food Safety practices, enhancing producers’ business competitiveness and food safety performance.
Under the Growing Forward 2 Food Safety Systems Producer Program, successful applicants are eligible for reimbursement of 70% of eligible activities intended to enhance On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS).
Eligible items could include cattle squeeze with neck extender, a scale head (indicator), loadbars, scale platform, milk guards, computer software for tracking animal health records and other systems related to maintaining food safety standards within their operations as identified by their commodity specific on-farm food safety program. Maximum payment under the program is $5,000 and you must complete your activities within the government fiscal year in which you apply (between April 1 and February 28 of the following year).
Am I eligible for this program?
To be eligible under this Program, applicants must be enrolled/registered in their commodity specific OFFS program as of the date of the application. Applicants can contact their commodity organization to clarify their status with the OFFS program, and request further information. Please see the Links and Resources section on the right for more information on your commodity specific OFFS program.
A complete list of eligible OFFS programs can also be found in Appendix A of the Terms and Conditions. Please contact your commodity organization for more information on your specific OFFS program.
The following groups are eligible to apply:
- Producers in Alberta who have an established primary business in production of crops or livestock.
- Horticulture packers directly involved in grading and packing horticultural produce for human consumption.
Eligible Activities may not be cost shared with any other Program Applicant.
How do I apply for this program?
- Determine whether you are eligible - Refer to the Food Safety Systems Producer Program’s Terms and Conditions.
- Ensure that the activities are eligible - Eligible activities are listed in the program’s Terms and Conditions. You must list every eligible item that has a cost associated with it.
- Complete the Application Form in full. - Applicants must have completed or be registered in a national On-Farm Food Safety program before their application will be considered.
Applications will only be accepted by mail. Fax or email applications will not be processed.
What happens next?
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for your application to be properly reviewed and processed.
- Your approval letter will be sent to the email address indicated on page 1 of the application form. You are advised to check your junk email folder often and adjust your spam filters.
- If you did not provide an email address, your approval letter will be sent by regular mail.
- Applications that are incomplete, illegible, or unsigned may significantly delay processing. Please ensure you have included all the requested information and signed and dated Part C: The Statement of Certification. Incomplete applications may not be processed and returned to you for completion, further delaying your application.
You may also be interested in …