Regional Water Supply
Regional Water Supply
The Growing Forward 2 Regional Water Supply Strategic Program is a funding program for strategic studies to further develop water supply infrastructure to promote long-term sustainable water supplies. The intent of the program is to enhance and promote the development of rural water supply pipelines and other water pipeline related infrastructure to enhance a vibrant rural Alberta.
Rural Municipalities, Alberta First Nations and Alberta Metis settlements, water co-operative associations incorporated under the Rural Utilities Act and Water Commissions established under the Municipal Government Act are eligible to apply.
This is a five year program beginning April 1, 2013 and ending March 31, 2018. To be considered for funding in 2016/17 fiscal year, applications must have been submitted by September 30, 2016. Future application deadlines will be listed on this Growing Forward 2 website.
To be eligible for the program, the project must be either:
- Strategic studies leading to the construction of new rural multi-user water supply infrastructure or pipelines.
- Strategic studies leading to the capacity expansion of existing rural multi-user water supply infrastructure.
All eligible projects should improve rural residents’ access to water.
Program funding may be used for associated costs of the project. For example:
- Engineering, planning and feasibility studies;
- Survey fees; and
- Advertising for tenders.
The following will not be considered eligible for funding:
- Planning expenditures not directly related to specific capital infrastructure;
- Travel costs;
- Loan fees, GST, depreciation, legal, easement and registration costs; and
- Other items deemed ineligible by Agriculture and Forestry.
Successful applicants will receive assistance with eligible project costs on a cost-shared ratio of 70% grant 30% applicant to a maximum of $90,000. The program is funded with federal and provincial monies. The program expires on March 31, 2018 and is subject to available funds within any programming year.
Successful applicants will be required to enter into a grant agreement, which will contain the complete terms and conditions for funding. The agreement and the terms and conditions templates are posted on this website.
You may also be interested in …